Sunday, September 29, 2013

Success in marriage


Success in marriage is more than finding the right person; it is being the right person.

MARRIAGE ADVICE

The following question came into my mind about being in love and its importance to a marriage, can you love like a husband or wife according to the 
Bible? I love him but I’m not in love with him.”
I must confess I struggled about being honest and straightforward in my reply.
Nevertheless, I decided I’d better be. Here is my reply. I began by saying,
“I can understand how you feel at present.
I imagine there’s a sense of UN fulfillment and incompleteness about your marriage. It sounds like you could do with some guidance about marriage.”
All I can see here is that you are not in love with and if you don’t feel it there is no need of going in to marriage at all.

Falling in love

Falling in love and being in love may be a nice feeling but it isn’t the basis or foundation of a marriage.
The basis and foundation of a marriage is a spiritual union and covenant between a man and a woman through a marriage ceremony before God.
For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.
Ephesians 5:31-nkjv

No comments:

Post a Comment